Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yummy Thick Chip Cookies!

Those look amazing!!! So a week or so ago I found a killer deal on a glass cookie jar (2.50). Now it has been sitting empty on my counter and it is driving me crazy. So my goal was to fill the cookie jar! As I started to whip up a big batch, I found out I was out of brown sugar and made my own, get the recipe for that here. So once I had my brown sugar made, i whipped up these beauties! Make a batch of your own today, and fill your cookie jar!
I used a big ice cream scoop to measure out the cookies and gave the dough a chill the the fridge for about 30 mins before being baked.
baking away....smelled wonderful!!!
The jar is filled and mission accomplished!!!!!

Adapted from allrecipes.com


  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

  • Bake for about 12-15 mins at 350*
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large ice cream scoop onto parchment paper lined pans. Allow the dough to chill on pans for about 30 min. in the fridge then pop in the oven. Let cool on pan for 5 mins, then move to cooling rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment