Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spinach Garlic Bread

Ok, so I am just going to come out with it.....this stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!! I think my hubby called it "scary good"! Even if you are not the biggest fan of spinach  it is so worth trying! I have some leftover of the spinach goodness, and I am already thinking about what to slap it on. Maybe some grilled meat, salmon or chicken perhaps. So, to get right to the point you just have to try this! I found a nice soft, fresh loaf of whole wheat bread at the store. I think the was the perfect match for it. You can really put it on anything thing and it would be amazing. It would go as a great side to any meal!  Enjoy, have a wonderful safe weekend!

From Rachael Ray!!

Spinach Garlic Bread

Ingredients

  • 4 cups baby spinach leaves, stemmed
  • 4 cloves garlic, cracked from skin
  • 1 stick softened butter
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
  • 1 loaf good quality Italian bread( I used a thick whole wheat french loaf)

Preparation

Preheat broiler or oven to 400ºF.
Place the spinach in a food processor with garlic, butter, salt, freshly ground black pepper and cheese, and process until smooth.
Cut the bread in half lengthwise and slather each side with the spinach butter. Broil or bake the toast until crispy, about 3 minutes under the broiler or 6-7 minutes in the hot oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment