Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicken Sausage and Shrimp

After being on a mini vacation, I come home to find my fridge and pantry needing a little clean out. So when I have a mixed bag of food to use up for dinner I either make a pot of soup or a bowl of mixed goodies. What i came up with last night was very  tasty and something I will be sure to make again very soon!!! A big bowl of love, enjoy!

2-3 TBS. EVOO
2 carrots chopped small
2 ribs celery chopped small
3 shallots sliced
6 mushrooms chopped
1 lb uncooked shrimp
1 pkg El Fresco Chicken Chipotle sausage, browned
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of stock (veggie or chicken)
1 can tomato sauce (15oz)
dried tarragon to taste
dried oregano to taste
garlic powder and onion powder

Heat a large pan over med heat and add EVOO. Add veggies and cook until tender. Add browned chicken, stock, and tomato sauce and heat. Then add shrimp to cook, once shrimp is cooked at spices! I served this over a mound of smashed potatoes, with a side of fried parm zucchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment