Friday, August 19, 2011

Groovy Green Tea Cheesecake

My 9th wedding anniversary to my awesome husband is tomorrow. Since he has kept me in the dark about any plans for the day I wanted to make a little something sweet for us to enjoy this weekend. In doing so I think I have started a new tradition. Anniversary cheesecake=) I love to make and eat cheesecake and when I heard of a green tea cheesecake I was thrilled to try it. I think it taste like green tea ice cream in a way so if you like that you will like this. It turned out to be a light green shade, hard to tell from this photo. The key to it is the green tea powder. I had some in my pantry that I had ordered offline awhile back. You can also get it at asian food stores.
Adapted from Bon Appetit

  • 1 1/3 cup  ground shortbread cookies 

  • 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature

  • 1 package mascarpone

  • 1 1/2 cups sugar

  • 4 large eggs

  • 2-3 teaspoons Japanese green tea powder** or 2-3 teaspoons finely ground green tea from about 4 tea bags

  • Preheat oven to 325°F. Press cookie crumbs firmly onto bottom (not sides) of 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Wrap outside of pan tightly with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition. Beat in green tea powder until smooth. Pour batter over prepared crust in pan. Place cake in roasting pan; add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
    Bake cake until set but center moves very slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour. Remove cake from roasting pan; cool 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate uncovered overnight. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment