Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Made My Own Mayo!

So we had tons of eggs in the house and NO MAYO! I was wanting to make some egg salad sandwiches so I thought it was time to try to make my own mayo! It turned out well, but all I have was veg oil, you could use this but I would say it would be much better to try safflower, grapeseed , or corn oil! 
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup oil
salt and pepper or white pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 
sugar to taste
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
dry dill to taste

In a bowl place the egg yolks and lemon juice and mix on high speed with a hand mixer, for 1 min. Then  in a very slow steady stream add the oil with the mixer going the whole time( i used an empty store bought plastic squeeze bottle for the oil. Combine until you used all oil and beat about 1 more min. Add vinegar and season with salt, pepper, dry mustard, sugar, and dill and mix until consistency is to you liking. Chill in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment