Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Roasted Garden Carrots

Today I was given a big bag of garden fresh cute little carrots. So, what to do with them.....Well I have a few plans for them but to get us started I present to you..... Roasted Carrots. So pure and sweet! Roasted veggies have a whole different taste, it brings out the raw sweetness. They are easy to prepare, but take some time to cook up in the oven, so plan for close to an hour depending on the size of your carrots. The ones I used where pretty small so they took closer to 45 mins to roast up.

A bunch of carrots or a bag, how ever much you want to roast, cut into half or quarters
Cover them in EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste
Then I load them up with a healthy amount of fresh thyme leaves
Place on a baking sheet and pop in a pre heated 400* oven
Roast about 45 mins to an hour
Top them with chopped green onions

No comments:

Post a Comment